Quick Question

i want to open C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in a windows explorer folder (don't worry, comp will restart like a second afterwards anyway).

so, either in run or cmd prompt, i type:

explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

However, if i type that into a cmd line in WPI, it doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: I'll try typing in %systemdrive%\WINDOWS\explorer.exe instead of just explorer.exe.....maybe that was the problem?

also, does anyone know how to install the Root Certificates Update that appears on Windows Update? I tried running the installer, as well as extracting it and running rootsupd.exe with the .sst files, but neither way did anything (still shows up in WU).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by APG999

Are you running WPI before the desktop is loaded? If so, Explorer.exe will not function correctly. Try using this as your command instead:

cmd /c start C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllcache

Awesome, thanks! Of course, WPI puts in the cmd /c for you, right? so it would just be start C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

Okay, so, any solutions for installing Root Certificates Update? I've tried integrating it, installing, everything, but can't get it to work. Any help is hugely appreciated.

ah, actually, the start command didn't work. It returned an undefined error. :(

Well, that one thing isn't much of a problem, but I still need a way to install the Root Certificates Update. Doesn't anyone know how to do it?

well, it didn't return an error this time, but i don't think it worked.

Nevermind, I'm not gonna bother with this anymore, it has already consumed so much of my time and it's such a small problem. A mod can lock this thread now.