Removing IE7 after installing with slipstreamed CD?

MaMister

I used nlite to slipstream IE7 and WP11 into a wonderful XP unattended CD, after installed in my friend's PC, he realised that he can't use IE7 for some of his programs.

But I can't seem to see any uninstall option in the control panel -> Add/Remove program.

So... Is it possible?

Edited by MaMister

• 1 month later...

Finally can't take it anymore, tried using XPlite and manage to remove IE7!

Now my next step is to install IE6. Then I got all these error:

Error loading iesetup.dll

Error loading IEDKCS32.dll

Error loading msnsspc.dll

Then ended up trying a full standalone IE6SP1 to install using ie6setup.exe, got this error "Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system", search on google found the registry hack changing 1 to 0 thingy.... Still got that message.

Then I understand maybe the 1 to 0 thingy won't work because my is IE6 from SP2.

Finally reinstall SP2 and guess what? IE7 come back again!!!

Please help me to install back IE6.

so you disregarded his answer and went away anyways... though i think that his 'no' could have been a bit more explaining, he still was right,

so now your stuck with xplite witch is a total piece of crap, now let me get you ONE advice, Take a virgin xp cdrom, re-slipstream all the packs you DO need (be sure that your not installing any you dont want or need)... and re-create your cdrom .... now go Re-install XP the 'right' way, cuz, its a waste of time trying to fix, or debug your current system...

Edited by -I-

• 1 month later...
I used nlite to slipstream IE7 and WP11 into a wonderful XP unattended CD, after installed in my friend's PC, he realised that he can't use IE7 for some of his programs.

But I can't seem to see any uninstall option in the control panel -> Add/Remove program.

So... Is it possible?

I guess the best way to remove ie7 is not to install it in the first place, could put ie7 in the extra folder and install it

after windows has been installed.

be cool if someone could make uninstalls