A way to run Vista on 256Mb with Shared Memory?

BigFatBloatedBob

<greets!>

Is there a way of running Vista on a PC with 256Mb of RAM, but with 4Mb of shared memory for the on-board graphics? The 256Mb option in TWEAKS patches winsetup.dll, but inside this DLL, there seems to be a call for "Skipping system requirements check." [see enclosed pic].

The function is from "Callback_Engine_ValidateSystemRequirements". Is there a way to implement the "Skipping system requirements check." - either by using a custom setting somewhere, or by some undocumented switch that can be passed to setup.exe from the unattend.xml?

If so, this would allow Vista to be installed on any RAM-sized PC (I've happily had it running fine in 192Mb VM - once the RAM was reduced post-install), and this would have the added bonus of installing faster.

Tnx,

C.

post-148118-1185569537_thumb.png

Edited by BigFatBloatedBob

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I try this this morning, but nothing work ! Windows vista ask me again that there is not enough memory

I put the DLL file in dvdsource\sources\ : nothing

Then i mount the install.wim and replace the original one : dvdources\mount\windows\system32\oobe\ : nothing

Windows doen't install itself

MayBe did we need to put this dll file into the Boot.wim ?

If anyone try this, please share a little simple tuto for others !!

PS : i try just an other release shared by a friend, i copy the sources files then when i look in with Vlite : 256 mb was

fixed automatically but when i look in my release, 256 Mb is fixed to default and doen't accept to be fixed in 256 mb at all

It's strange !!

Thanks for whom who can help me !!

Best regards