'Please insert windows into drive A'?

SwedgeRs

hello :sneaky:

am new to this forum! ooks very helpful and im hoping that i will enjoy my stay and add some input where i can. At the moment i am trying to install windows onto my pc, and i keep getting the following error message:

Please insert the disk labeled

windows xp professional service pack 2 CD

into drive A

press enter when ready.

as can be seen in this picture : http://cdintodrivea-cv.ytmnd.com/

How do i go about fixing this? pulling my hair out over it!! :realmad::realmad:

Thanks in advance for any help!

You didn't slipstream your service pack properly. You need to include WIN51, WIN51IP and WIN51IP.SP2 on the root of your cd.

hello, just checked the cd and they all appear to be there? see attachment *confused*

post-146947-1184691243_thumb.jpg

...not much to add, but I love the picture with the CD crammed into the floppy slot.

It can be hard to keep a sense of humor some times when dealing with issues like this.

The txtsetup.sif file should be in the i386 folder of your windows CD...at least it is on mine...

cd's fit just fine in the 5 1/4" floppy drives, you can even close the door sometimes, no cramming required. Don't read very well though and can get very scratched. :)

What else did you include/remove for the cd when you created it with nLite?

Your CD drive may be bad or have bad habits.

Some CD drives like to suddenly spin down and not spin back up!

I wondered this, and i wondered whether it was my jumper settings or something not configured correctly.. bios is picking up both the harddrive and the cdrom, but i wonder whether its a hardware problem. I will try and post how i have the pc configured later to check that it is set up correctly as i no longer think its the cd...