Nlite-Integrating Intel Raid driver Problem

Miles4

Every time I try use Nlite to integrate my Intel raid driver I get the error message:

"Access to the Registry Key

`HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iaStor\Parameters\PnpInterface' is denied.

1689"

I've been able to integrate the Intel raid driver with Nlite in past without any problem but now I'm getting this error message every time. I've gotten the same error message whether I use Nlite 1.4 bet, 1.35 or 1.2. I've also tried it with earlier Intel Raid drivers that have been successful in the past. I've check that registry key and the entire NliteTempReg key and there is no permissions given even for Administrator (I'm signed on with administrator rights when I'm doing this). Given the permission doesn't help, though I'm not sure I'm able to give permission to all subkeys.

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Miles

ye i had that a few time, it to do with permissions in the registry. its like i was an administrator but i couldnt delete the temp registry key nlite made for it until i eventually changed the permissions, but after it deleted i tried integrating it again and kept doing the same thing over n over. still works fine though (i think)

Edited by legolash2o

I forgot to add that in the Registry for the key there is only the "iaStor". The subkeys that are supposed to be under that in the referenced error message -"\Parameters\PnpInterface" - do not exist. Also, if I click on the "iaStor" key in the Registry, I get access denied.

I can't get there. Whenever I click or right click on the iastor key I get the error message "cannot open iastor: error while opening key". Plus the subkeys to which the Nlite error message refers do not exist - only the iastor key is there.

Rebooting doesn't help.

Didn't touch any policies.

No firewall blocking.

Note that there are a number of keys under the NliteTempReg key that I can access (before I reboot, which deletes the registry key), but I can't access the iastor key as noted above - I get an error message - and the subkeys under iastor listed in the Nlite error message don't exist - there are no subkeys under it at all.

Any other thoughts?

Why does Nlite have to write to the Registry any way?

I did hear about this problem few times but still don't know why does it happen to you. All other users never complained...must be something.

I'll get back to you.

It just puts the temp entry, it doesn't influence your real machine, after reboot it's gone, and it's gone immediately if no error.

It's changing some hive entry for the textmode boot, think of it as a micro registry during Windows booting.

Even without this change it might work but this makes it more certain.

Mine is Windows XP Pro. Nothing out of the ordinary. I've used Nlite on same system in the past without any problem. The operating system (Windows XP Pro) I'm currently using and having the problem I installed using Nlite to build the unattended CD/DVD (just for the components removal, Options and Tweaks), including integration of the Intel Raid driver iastor without any problem.

• 4 weeks later...

To get around these errors I created the corresponding folders in the registry and granted my username ownership, then permission to each key.

nLite then ran without error

Here's what is eventually created, I imagine you could create it yourself before running nlite:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor\Parameters]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor\Parameters\PnPInterface]

"5"=dword:00000001

if you have any questions, I'm at Rocky Mountain Tech Team