Nlite-Integrating Intel Raid driver Problem

Miles4

I got post happy before...

My purpose was to get the new Intel driver for an Inspiron 1520 on an XP Pro setup CD. I had to do the above reg ownership/permission changes as well as go into components>drivers and remove SCSI/RAID.

nlite now finishes, make iso, and I'm installing XP on an Inspiron 1520.

Rocky Mountain Tech Team if you have follow up

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same error messages on three different computers running XP Home in my office. Tried Nlite 1.30, 1.35 and 1.40 beta. Finally installed NLite 1.40 on a Win 2000 box, got same error msgs. Accepted all errors and was then able to successfully create the ISO

Was not able to create key within LOCAL_MACHINE despite the fact that I am administrator.

• 2 weeks later...
To get around these errors I created the corresponding folders in the registry and granted my username ownership, then permission to each key.

nLite then ran without error

Here's what is eventually created, I imagine you could create it yourself before running nlite:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor\Parameters]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor\Parameters\PnPInterface]

"5"=dword:00000001

if you have any questions, I'm at Rocky Mountain Tech Team

Hi guys,

I tried to do the above on 3 different machine each with a different OS and if i either try manually in regedit, it is saying i access denied when i try make a new key i get the error cannot create key: error writting to the registry. I get more or less the same error on each comp. I have tried on Vista X86 with UAC disabled, WinXP SP2 and Win2k3 machines. I also tried importing from a reg file and i get a similar error saying cant import: error accessing registry. I am just wondering how you ( brandilton ) managed to do this. I have tried lots of different things from logging into safe mode and i have tried changing the permission before inserting or importing but this one is still managing to allude me. Any help will be much appreciated as i getting really p***ed with all the Apps of mine that dont work in Vista and/or dont have working Vista versions.

Cheers,