RunOnce section and %PROGRAMFILES%

Rebooter

I'm trying to get some batch files to run from the 'RunOnce' section during an nLite unattended install. Here's an example:

%PROGRAMFILES%\Utils\shortcuts.cmd

%PROGRAMFILES%\Utils\addpaths.cmd

I'm getting an error message during install after adding these lines (the batch files were tested and known to work correctly). I can't remember the exact error, but I believe it was something along the lines of 'Invalid path in registry...'. This was the only change I made to the disc, so I'm assuming it must be the syntax of using the %ProgramFiles% system variable. Do lines need to be in double quotes, do I need to escape the double quote characters?

What's the syntax for running batch files from RunOnce? Also, I wasn't sure if nLite did anything to these lines to prepare them, etc...

:) Hi ...!

You are using STRING (REG_SZ) values in RunOnce process.

You hav to use STRING EXPAND (REG_EXPAND_SZ) for storing paths for executable files cotaining environment variables.

for more help ...post script that is used to add reg entries into RunOnce process.

:) Hi ...!

You are using STRING (REG_SZ) values in RunOnce process.

You hav to use STRING EXPAND (REG_EXPAND_SZ) for storing paths for executable files cotaining environment variables.

for more help ...post script that is used to add reg entries into RunOnce process.

I'm not using a script directly, just trying to use the 'RunOnce' page in nLite in the 'Unattended' section. If nLite creates the key as REG_SZ, I don't see any way to change it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have been using nlite for quite a while now. However, I have always had this problem when using the RunOnce feature in the Unattended portion. My problem is how to use it to install RogueSpear's dotnet 3 switchless silent installer on first boot. I can't seem to find any info about this nlite feature.

I tested RunOnce by placing this line in the Command to add Box... %SOURCE%\RUNONCE\RogueSpear_dotNET30_Lite.exe. But it just pops out a DOS window on first boot. I know I'm doing something wrong.

Please can anybody teach me how to use the RunOnce feature in nlite.

Thank you in advance.