Three quick questions...

cipher7

I've been using NLite with WindowsXP for a bit now and have a couple of questions I can't find answers to...

1) Is there an option to check the "Show Quick Launch" from the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"?

2) I have Ethernet, Video and Sound Card drivers I want to add to my install for my three home systems. Can I include all of them and therefore build a XP disc that can be used in each of my systems? I'm unsure of this because the interface recommends that after using my own driver that I should then uninistall the XP driver from the disk.

3) I've enabled Remote Desktop in Nlite Options, and it is checked in System Properties->Remote. However, in Windows Firewall, the RDP is unchecked so I have to manually check this before connecting from another computer. Is there an option for this item so that after the install I can remote to my new install from another computer?

Thanks in advance

I've been using NLite with WindowsXP for a bit now and have a couple of questions I can't find answers to...

1) Is there an option to check the "Show Quick Launch" from the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"?

2) I have Ethernet, Video and Sound Card drivers I want to add to my install for my three home systems. Can I include all of them and therefore build a XP disc that can be used in each of my systems? I'm unsure of this because the interface recommends that after using my own driver that I should then uninistall the XP driver from the disk.

3) I've enabled Remote Desktop in Nlite Options, and it is checked in System Properties->Remote. However, in Windows Firewall, the RDP is unchecked so I have to manually check this before connecting from another computer. Is there an option for this item so that after the install I can remote to my new install from another computer?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes. It should be in the Tweaks option of nLite.

2. You can include as many drivers as you want. Windows should automatically find the latest driver for your device while it installs itself. You can remove drivers that you don't want with nLite, but I don't see the need to do so unless you want to save a bit of space.

3. Not sure. Someone else might be able to answer this one.

Thanks in advance

1. i was sure it was in there so i had a check in nlite and cannot find it.. strange

2. windows should choose the best match during setup. if two drivers are very similar then it could cause problems

3. run regmon while making the change, jump to the reg key, export it and convert it to an inf and then manually add it to nlites inf