nhelper still...

wireman121

OK so it seems anything passed version 1.2.1 is giving me this dreaded nhelper error. I am now on the 1.4 beta, I created a new session from scratch this time (attached) and I am still getting the error. I'm not exactly sure how to fix this problem, as I have tried everything I can think of. I also cant seem to remove the errors from windows once it is installed, so to date any discs I make after 1.2.1 are useless due to the nhelper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last_Session.ini

OK wow I must have mixed these CDs up a long time ago. I made a copy of my geniuine XP PRo SP2 CD and I thought thats what I have been using this whole time!!

Oops. Let me try my REAL genuine CD and see what happens...

Edited by wireman121

It's when one gets a missing nhelper.exe during installation (or at the first login).

That is the file which nlite uses during install for some operations (like invisible cmd windows so that we don't look at those annoying black popups).

Basically I never got that error, seems like it has something to do when upgrading with newer nlite over already nlited source with older version.

i think you should have a txt file in the I386 folder which nlite detects and stops them from using a newer nlite version on a source which has been used by an older version, if that makes sense. might remove quite abit of bugs too, who knows.

anyways back on topic, ill look online for a solution

Edited by legolash2o

It should normally work, this is a special problem. When I test I nlite over nlite over ... and it doesn't break. But if I would to add integrations into equation that might do the job.

It should normally work, this is a special problem. When I test I nlite over nlite over ... and it doesn't break. But if I would to add integrations into equation that might do the job.

Hi Guys, I just (last night) installed the nlite 1.4 beta, I have never had a previous version of nlite installed and I have this nhelper file not found problem during installation.

I also have the odd problem where after all files have loaded and i get asked to hit return to run setup, if i have the nlite burned disk in windows cannot find the licensing info and I have to put the origional sbs disk in.

I am slipstreaming windows sbs 2003 r2 as I require the installation to have raid drivers and have no floppy drive.

Are there any firm resolutions to this nhelper issue?

Cheers

moomarketing, that doesn't look good. But then again I never tested the SBS version nor it is officially supported.

Did you do anything before or after the nLite? Do you boot from the CD or what?

• 4 months later...