Legal to install english XP with german key?

Black Sliver

1st question: How sure are you that the language does not matter?

2nd question: Is it possible that this window appears on trying to activate over the net with just a key "already in use" or do this means the key is absolute wrong?! (see below)

so long..

Andy

PS: sry for double post

PPS: "already in use" because I installed the German version just 3 months ago (and M$ doesn't like that)

PPPS: I ran the COA test which says me that my OEM-COA (first thing to choose) "looks good".

But..

Do the words 'OEM Software' appear beneath the product name in the center of your Certificate of Authenticity?

>> No

You should have received a recovery solutions Disc from your computer manufacturer. To verify that the recovery solutions CD that came with your computer is genuine, please contact your computer manufacturer.

Yea, i got, but its German and i have no idea where it is ...

4th question: Means that anything about I can't install any "normal" OEM Windows?

5th question: How can i figure out if my setup disk was OEM without having the original one (installed it from an i386-folder unpacked to HDD)?

post-145929-1184040434_thumb.png

Edited by Black Sliver

Lang does not matter to the prod key really, the version of XP does

No, localization DOES matter. US keys will not work on localized versions of XP (like German), and the converse of that is also true.

there's a diff version of pidgen.dll for each version. a simple way to see if english key would work in foreign version is check to see file size of pidgen.dll

-gosh