hide system tray icon through registry

hello all, this is my first post and i'm new to nlite. hopefully somebody can help me out here. one of the add-ons i'm integrating with nlite is taskswitchxp (thanks to rado354). this program has an option for hiding the icon from the system tray when it starts, but the default is for the icon to be shown. i would like the default to be to hide the icon, so when you first boot up the service is running but the user doesn't see it in the system tray.

i figured the easiest way to do this would be to have a reg entry that's called from cmdlines.txt (or using reg add in my cleanup.cmd), but i can't figure out what the key is. i used regshot to try and identify it, and the log shows:

----------------------------------
Values added:2
----------------------------------
HKU\S-1-5-21-1645522239-220523388-725345543-500\Software\Alexander Avdonin\TaskSwitchXP\2.0\Flags: 0x042206FF
HKU\S-1-5-21-1645522239-220523388-725345543-500\Software\Alexander Avdonin\TaskSwitchXP\2.0\ConfigPos: 0xFFF10035

but none of these appear to work. i created a .reg file with these values, deleted them in the registry (the icon remained hidden, so i set it to show in the taskswitch config), then added the .reg to the registry but the icon still shows. anyone know of a way to accomplish this? thanks a lot

Edited by gauntlet123

Replace the following string "HKU\S-1-5-21-1645522239-220523388-725345543-500" with "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (without quotes).

Try it like that.

And I recommend you to use Registry Workshop instead to take snapshots from different states of the registry.

I hope it helps...

Actually this reg key will change automatically when ever you configure task switch xp.So when you are making unattended xp cd add this reg key.This reg key will only works for only once because it will change always when ever you configure task switch xp.............

This will hide tasbar tray icon after installing xp.

Tested enjoy......

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alexander Avdonin\TaskSwitchXP\2.0]

"Flags"=dword:142206ff

"ConfigPos"=dword:0052007f

Actually this reg key will change automatically when ever you configure task switch xp.So when you are making unattended xp cd add this reg key.This reg key will only works for only once because it will change always when ever you configure task switch xp.............

This will hide tasbar tray icon after installing xp.

Tested enjoy......

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alexander Avdonin\TaskSwitchXP\2.0]

"Flags"=dword:142206ff

"ConfigPos"=dword:0052007f

Should this work for Remote Administrator, too? I have it installed home and I want to see what are my kinds doing online, but they might figure out how to disable it, if they find the tray icon. The software has no option to hide the tray icon.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...