ipod cannot shut down

chillinfart

I have installed 98se2me and Revolutions pack 7. When i try to remove my ipod(ipod mini 2g) from "unplug or eject hardware" wind*ws cannot shut down it(only using the "eject" option in My computer i can remove, but i need to do quickly because wind*ws tries to detect it again).

Days after i reinstalled the usb controller(usb port driver, not the device) and i cannot shut down the ipod from any way.

"usb storage driver that comes with WinMe" -> what do you mean? I don't recall using SE2ME means you should use Me drivers. Have you tried NUSB? Also, you can check with this driver.

This seems specific to your install since I have a shuffle that works fine on a RP6+SE2ME+NUSB Win98. Messed up USB controller drivers maybe?

But again, is only the iPod crashing or does every USB flash drive crashes the same way?

EDIT: you might wanna read this too.

Edited by glocK_94

"usb storage driver that comes with WinMe" -> what do you mean?

When i applied the 98se2ME patch this includes an usb storage driver and automatically use it when i connect my ipod (i tried to change it with device manager too). I tried to use USBX but the system always prefers the other driver. How i change it?

I have installed 98se2me and Revolutions pack 7. When i try to remove my ipod(ipod mini 2g) from "unplug or eject hardware" wind*ws cannot shut down it(only using the "eject" option in My computer i can remove, but i need to do quickly because wind*ws tries to detect it again).

Days after i reinstalled the usb controller(usb port driver, not the device) and i cannot shut down the ipod from any way.

Remove SETUPAPI.DLL 5.1.2600.2180

and use the one from WinME

uninstall all usb drivers

then install NUSB.EXE below and all should go well

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/NUSB.EXE

Remove SETUPAPI.DLL 5.1.2600.2180

and use the one from WinME

uninstall all usb drivers

then install NUSB.EXE below and all should go well

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/NUSB.EXE

Oh, It's true. I'm using the win98 version of that file.

But, what .cab file contains it(in winMe CD)? I tried to restore with System file checker but it cannot view the file.