Task Scheduler not installed

El Barry

First, I want to thank you nuhi for the great work you are doing with nLite (vLite too!).

Back on topic, I nLited a copy of XP to test under VPC 2007 with Task Scheduler to see if the boot would be faster (even if it's a VM), because I don't have it installed on my current installation. The thing is, Task Scheduler is not present in services.msc and the prefetch is obviously not working. Does this service need something else?

Can someone put light into this?

LAST_SESSION.INI

Quick update: It doesn't work with an install on real hardware. But, I noticed something in the control panel: it shows an empty line with just the folder icon. This thing only appears when I don't select Task Scheduler.

1. it's hard to focus (on the right thing) by looking at that avatar ;)

2. if you use custom file removal (advanced - remove) then you gotta test it on your own

3. always check your windows\setuperr.log

In your case it fails because of manually removed flash.ocx file but who knows how many more, you may start with that one. Or clean it from the swflash.in_ after nlite is done.

flash.ocx was the problem. Thanks for your help. This file is not part of Flash Player? I always thought so and that's why I removed it.

Do you know if I can put this file where it belongs and register it to fix the problem? If yes, where do I put this file?

Edited by El Barry

Finishing touch of your install failed, it's not just the Task Scheduler, when that icon remains in the Control Panel that means that nlite.inf wasn't executed. Setup failed before it got to it.

If you want to remove the flash player try removing swflash.inf by putting it on the remove list, nothing else, nlite should parse it.

But if IE infs are calling it it might fail again, check that in virtual before installing...and I recommend to reinstall, not possible to tell what are you missing.