nLite 1.3.5 WMP10 'not installed properly' error

managed

Hi,

My first post here, sorry if this has been answered already, I tried a search but didn't find an answer.

I have used nLite many times to create a fully unattended CD with all updates and a few drivers for my own PC. Never had a problem.

This was my first use of nLite 1.3.5, I used the 'Prompt repair' option to try to make the CD more versatile. I included 3 drivers for my PC, Sound, Video and Modem, and a lot of XP updates (about 125) including IE7.

The nLite 'process' went ok although a few updates were rejected as 'wrong type' or 'wrong OS', my fault I know but never caused a problem before.

Installed the ISO into VirtualBox, all looked good but then error message, WMP10 not installed correctly, needs re-installing (not exact wording but close).

I'm not sure if I have done something wrong, if the drivers I added to the CD are causing a problem or if it's nLite at fault.

Any help would be great, thanks for reading.

EDIT : I'm using the 'runtimes' from the nLite site, not the full .Netframework

Edited by managed

:blushing: I now realise you need to integrate WMP10

I can only plead ignorance, I never needed to integrate anything with nLite before :whistle:

I may be reduced to the desperate step of RTFM in future :no:

Does nLite automatically assume you want WMP10 included or have I got a setting wrong ?

Is it sufficient to just insert the MP10Setup.exe into nLite's 'Hotfixes, Addons and Update packs' section ?

EDIT : After a look around I found the HFSLIP section, is that the way to do it ?

Edited by managed

I can only find an add-on for WMP11, it's not really a problem, I can always install WMP10 from a CD I have with MP10setup.exe on it.

The main reason I posted this was my surprise that the nLIte'd install gave an error message over WMP10 not being installed properly.

AFAIK I didn't 'tell' nLite anything about WMP10.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

You can make an addon with nlite plugin creator or nlite addon maker with the /Q switch. I haven't tried it but MP10Setup.exe /? says /Q for quiet install.

Yeah, but it not as much fun as learning to make your own addons. :thumbup

thats not an addon thats a silent installer.......go look at that ryan wmp addon, thats a true addon.

managed, these guys/gals are right, it's not more fun to make your own addons or silent installers or whatever you want to call it, it's more fun to split hairs or download someone elses...forget I mentioned it.