Nice job, nuhi!

RaGhul

I hate to sound like a total arse-kissing fanboy, but I just gotta admire your handywork, nuhi. Nlite just keeps getting better and better. Are you sure you don't have a team of programmers?!? :P

I just made my monthly XP cd using 1.3.5, and I noticed a couple things. Now, when I make my bootable ISO, I can name the ISO image the same as the working folder. For some reason, previous versions wouldn't let me do that. I guess nLite was trying to use the same protective filenames thingy that Windows uses. Except that, if the two files (or in this case, a file and a folder) are of different extensions (or types) than it's perfectly okay.

Thanks for that!

nLite also seems to be faster now. I'm guessing you changed the way it handles extracting/compressing files. Whatever the case may be, it integrates addons a little faster now. Only took 10 minutes to add Xable's Update Pack.

I might try out some of the new removals in 1.4beta later this week.

As soon as I get some cash, I'm definitely handing in a donation! ;)

Edited by RaGhul

Thank you, appreciated.

After getting an email from some person that I suck because when he double-clicks LAN connections it doesn't do anything (normally it should open properties, I never experienced that) this comes in the right moment.

@Nuhi,

Offer him/her double their money back.

nLite does 90% of what I need in 10% of the time it would take otherwise. When I run across something that doesn't work the way I wish it would, I remind myself of how much it does do and how much I paid for it. Then I'm all happy again.

I'm impressed with all the folks here who spend their own time creating utilities, addons, installers and answering myriad questions, sometimes over and over again. I might be tempted to ask about an improvement or constructively point out an error but I wouldn't have the nerve to complain about someone's voluntary contribution. If you don't like it or it doesn't work for you, don't use it.

Thanks for your efforts, Nuhi.

Ray

Thanks Ray but also consider one day putting all your complaints into one post, or simply send me an email. I can take constructive criticism just don't be evil in the process.

Thank you, appreciated.

After getting an email from some person that I suck because when he double-clicks LAN connections it doesn't do anything (normally it should open properties, I never experienced that) this comes in the right moment.

Microsoft never really intended for us to mess around with the install CD so much. I think people have to understand that we are going well beyond the original expected scope of the Windows product. When you do things you're not supposed to do, don't be surprised when things break.

nLite streamlines and simplifies the process. Arguably it is its own worst enemy. It makes the process so simple, it is very easy to start removing things, or break things. The product enables people with little or no knowledge of Windows to sometimes get themselves in trouble.

Does that mean it is a bad product?

No it means that often it is a victim of its own success. Honestly, I think we should instead start a "Buy a Nuhi a beer thread". Nuhi can post a Paypal donation link, and everyone should chip in a few bucks. I'm a broke bastard in debt to my ears, but I can afford to buy someone a beer.