[Release] XPize Darkside 2.0 beta

zedox

hi, i used darkside yesterday for the very first time and absolutely loved it. but one minor issue. how does one integrate it with hfslip the same way that xpize can be ? i tried it but it just didn't end up with the same look as if i had installed it manually post setup. xpize works with hfslip just fine. is this an hfslip issue or darkside one ?

@Johndoe74

XPize Darkside is based on the source of XPize, To be completely honest with you, I have never tested my installation with HFSLIP.

I will have a look at this tomorrow, and get back to you. ttfn!

Edited by zedox

it would be great if you could!

what i did was, i renamed the darkside installer to what the xpize 4.6 final installer is called (so it would get integrated just like xpize does) but that didnt work. i also used the installer option to create a xpized darkside CD on the hfslipped SOURCESS folder but that didn't work either which left me wondering what the problem is and where

thanks for looking into it :thumbup

Is the 4th release the newest release? Does this release contain the updated logonui.exe?

This is the latest public release, no... ONCE AGAIN this does NOT have the latest logonui resources.

I did not spend hours on the changelog for fun you know... :whistle:

Could you add dates for when the releases were released in the changelog?

Superb idea! Will add them to the next release... of which is going to be very very soon!

In the meantime, if people could help me out with dates of the first releases that would be very handy, I can't remember!!!

First of all, my compliments for this great 'theme' zedox! It's way better than the original or blue xpize!

I read somewhere that it's necessary to install xpize before installing the Dark version. Although i doubted that, thats what i did and after every reboot i got a open windows explorer which pointed to "C:\Windows\XPize". Using autoruns i could see that the only familiar thing listed was the Xpize Darkside reloader. After opening regedit i found the mistake, the startup entry was listed as follows:

C:\WINDOWS\XPize Darkside\XPize Darkside Reloader.exe /S

While it should be:

"C:\WINDOWS\XPize Darkside\XPize Darkside Reloader.exe" /S

Don't know if it's a mistake in Darkside or elsewhere but i just thought i should let you know so you can fix it in a next release.

Keep up the good work!

My bootscreen is still the windows default although i thought i selected the option during Darkside installation but im not sure anymore (ill check :))

Has anyone experienced any problems with the new bootscreen? IE: It not applying itself when installing XPize Darkside?

I just found out how to read the rest of this post (why are there no post navigation buttons on the bottem of this site) and to answer your question: it didn't work for me :)

Thanks again for the hard work!

Edited by DaPozt

@DaPozt

This version DOES NOT need XPize installed first... Uninstall XPize Darkside, then uninstall XPize to return your system to normal.

Install XPize Darkside again... Does the XPize Reloader run properly on start up now?