integrate 64 bit drivers

walaradu

I want to integrate drivers into my ultimate x64. The driver supports both 32 bit and 64 bit. My question is, during the installation process, will it only install the 64 bit drivers or will it install the 32 bit drivers as well?

I want to integrate drivers into my ultimate x64. The driver supports both 32 bit and 64 bit. My question is, during the installation process, will it only install the 64 bit drivers or will it install the 32 bit drivers as well?

It should be ok.

Can you please post a link to that driver.

Quite weird INF is in the root and 32/64bit folders are separated...couldn't they separate the INF as well...ah anyway I expect it to be ok, let me know if it doesn't work as expected. Also if it isn't part of detected device then don't expect it to install. Do you understand what I mean. If this is some driver simply present only after running setup then it's to be ran after setup. If it is something that installs the detected component which is "unknown" in the device manager prior installing this driver, or it updates the existing driver, then integrate it.

• 2 weeks later...

ive had a look at the inf and yes you can seperate them and just have the x64 or x32 which ever one you need.

Create a new foler

Copy from the x64 folder all 3 files from it into the new folder

Also copy the IBMPMDRV.inf from the main folder into the new folder so there is 4 files in the folder

Open the inf....

[sourceDisksFiles.amd64]

IBMPMDRV.SYS=1,x64

IBMPMSVC.EXE=1,x64

tpinspm.dll=1,x64

ibmpmdrv.inf=1

remove the ",x64" so it looks like this

[sourceDisksFiles.amd64]

IBMPMDRV.SYS=1

IBMPMSVC.EXE=1

tpinspm.dll=1

ibmpmdrv.inf=1

Now you just have 4 files in the new folder which will work with just that folder integrated. rename that folder to what you want i.e. ACPI

Edited by legolash2o