Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Donations

  • Country

    United States

About denzilla

denzilla's Achievements



  1. Is the link for SP2 in post #1 confirmed to be legit and malware free?
  2. "ID 15016, "Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication" I get this one after a clean Vista x64 SP1 install using an integrated ISO I downloaded directly from MS. The name of my ISO was: SW_DVD5_Windows_Vista_Business_64BIT_English_64_Full_Int_MLF_X14-56048.ISO
  3. XP Home will use both cores in a core duo or X2 as well. Its running two physical cpus that Home will not do.
  4. Don't forget that Pro also has the group policy editor, which may or may not be of use to you
  5. denzilla

    KB 936357.

    I haven't checked yet, but can this update be uninstalled, or is it a permanent change? I always though Microcode was embedded in the cpu itself, but I'm probably wrong.
  6. denzilla

    KB 936357.

    Yea, thats been showing up on just about every celeron, pentium III, IV that I've scanned for updates on. I installed it without any ill effects. Microsoft would be in quite the pickle pushing this out to people that didn't need it and it wound up screwing a up an assload of PCs.
  7. It was a corrupt setupx.dll causing the problem. All good now
  8. Just games from like MSN gaming zone, Firefox
  9. I've tried uninstalling Ooo, Firefox and some games.
  10. Thanks, I'll try that when I get back to the PC
  11. I have one 98SE machine that won't allow me to uninstall anything from add/remove or from attempting to execute the program's uninstaller. When I try, nothing happens. The computer still responds, but the uninstaller never starts. No spyware/Virus infections found and installs go normally. Any ideas?
  12. When I do a fresh install of 98SE, WU always fails. All I do to resolve the situation is update the root certificates and it fixes WU everytime.
  13. I've noticed this problem on all PCs that have been upgraded from Windows update to Microsoft Update. Before upgrading, it was like 2min max to get the list and with MU, its now upwards of 5-9 minutes! Going to administrative options and reverting back doesn't make the problem go away, either. I know its also scanning for Office updates too but in the time it takes MU to scan it, I could've got a list from WU, manually visited OU and cut my lawn! This is a pretty severe problem and wastes a lot of people's time. Its hell on patch tuesday at work since we're poor and don't have a WSUS.
  14. When I had RC1 installed, it worked by default without installing/configuring anything. You can use cpu-z to watch the cpu speedstep.

  • Create New...