AWE 64 ISA

I tested some drivers for my creative awe 64 ISA card. With windows 98, no problem(even i can use hardware directsound support on it). With wind*ws 2000... I have installed a WDM driver, but i cannot use the MME Driver in some programs and others only can use emulated directsound driver (problems with some games and audio programs). Anybody know a good driver for awe 64?

I Tried with NT4 drivers too, but is too unstable in my computer.

PD: Excuse me for my bad english.

i used to use one...just unistall all drivers you used to have, then put in the card. after it recognizes it and your system is fine, just restart. if it doesn't work, you need to do something very important.

go into your BIOS [aka: Setup] and try to find a setting called IRQ5. there are two modes for it PCI/PnP and ISA/EISA. it needs to be set for ISA/EISA for it to work.

hope that helps...it took me forever to fined it, hopefully it will save you some trouble.

i used to use one...just unistall all drivers you used to have, then put in the card. after it recognizes it and your system is fine, just restart. if it doesn't work, you need to do something very important.

go into your BIOS [aka: Setup] and try to find a setting called IRQ5. there are two modes for it PCI/PnP and ISA/EISA. it needs to be set for ISA/EISA for it to work.

hope that helps...it took me forever to fined it, hopefully it will save you some trouble.

!-_- Nothing changes. The AWE 64 behavior is the same. And "3D sound mode" stinks in win2000 (makes a "delay effect", specially over itunes and some directsound based apps).

Games and windows 98 doesn't have problems but im worried for my sound apps.

i gave in, I'm now using a PCI Soundblaster Live CT4780...which model are you using? also, have you tried drivers from creative?

also, it could be the apps, not the card. itunes will kill an AWE64, where winamp wont, as much. i use winamp because its almost universal, in linux theres a program called XMMS, basically the exact same thing.

itunes its a resource hog, you might as well use XP, and get a Soundblaster.

Why are you fighting with an ISA sound card when you can pick up a PCI sound card for pennies?

Because is too weird find a micro-atx motherboard with isa, pci and agp slots at the same time(and im short of slots currently).

Edited by chillinfart

i just registered to help you

try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/26743326/CreativeAWE2003.exe

I used it for my old sb32 and it just worked

Fake detected!

This file is Malware(creates a windows installer paranoia. When the driver is installed deals a blue screen)!

Before you post such accusations, verify your facts. There is no malware in this file. It is simply a custom package of the sound blaster drivers, which you can open using WinRAR. Just because your computer crashed does not mean the file is infected.

i just registered to help you

try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/26743326/CreativeAWE2003.exe

I used it for my old sb32 and it just worked

After all, thanks.

Before you post such accusations, verify your facts. There is no malware in this file. It is simply a custom package of the sound blaster drivers, which you can open using WinRAR. Just because your computer crashed does not mean the file is infected.

Sorry for my bad reply.

I reviewed again my computer and the problem is wind*ws 2000 and itunes(I forgot reinstall the service pack 4 after repairs).

Sorry again for this error.

Edited by chillinfart

Sorry for my bad reply.

I reviewed again my computer and the problem is wind*ws 2000 and itunes(I forgot reinstall the service pack 4 after repairs).

That probably was because the HDD was in PIO mode!

Windows 2000 without service packs is incompatible with HDDs higher than UDMA66!

Without service packs at all, Windows 2000 may think that the HDD don't support DMA at all!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Sorry for my bad reply.

Windows 2000 without service packs is incompatible with HDDs higher than UDMA66!

Without service packs at all, Windows 2000 will think that the HDD don't support DMA at all!

What in the world does that have to do with anything? I won't even get into the that your facts are wrong.

Without service packs at all, Windows 2000 will think that the HDD don't support DMA at all!

Discarded.

I have an DMA/100 HD but is used in DMA/33 mode (i have a 440BX based board).

Well, i will change my awe 64 to a SB 128 pci in two weeks(and my riva tnt will made more heat). Thanks for help .

Sorry for my bad reply.

What in the world does that have to do with anything? I won't even get into the that your facts are wrong.

On some motherboards, it will go right to PIO mode without a service pack. This is a known issue.

Also, I confirmed it. I saw the HDD in PIO mode after installing Windows 2000 Pro without any service packs at all on a Via KT133 motherboard.

After I installed service pack 4, it was back in UDMA mode.

But there was a hotfix for Windows 2000 without service packs.

Information about that here at:

http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/w2kata100.htm

Edited by RJARRRPCGP