Enable the ADMIN

:thumbup Been playing with this a couple week's and see all the other post's about this invisible account

you heard it here second, read the Waik notes.

Add to settings pass 7 which is "oobeSystem"

Under <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup"

<AutoLogon>

<Password>

<PlainText>false</PlainText>

</Password>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<LogonCount>1</LogonCount>

<Username>Administrator</Username>

</AutoLogon>

With SIM that's the last entry before it closes the </component>

Thats it, the Super Admin, has his UAC enabled but seem's to be able to do anything I've tried without the popup's.

I set logonCount to 1 but after a week he still logging on here.

Now ? is, how to transfer these right's to another Admin so he can run what he need's and then disable for safety and security.

Edited by maxXPsoft

the admin account has always been like this, normally it is disabled by default (not sure why MS decided that one but eh) this is the account you should use to install and configure your computer. then use a account created and added to the administrator group if you want for everything else.

This is what it say's

Built-in administrator account is disabled by default in Windows Vista.

To enable administrator access, you must explicitly enable the built-in administrator account. Enable the built-in administrator account by using the Autologon setting in the Microsoft-Windows-Shell component. See the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) User's Guide (Waik.chm) for more information.

You can't use this thing to install software for UserA bypassing the popup's as some of it install's to the current user which give's me an idea.

if you needed to install software as a user (say usera) you can always run the installation as an administrator either by right clicking the .exe and choosing "run as administrator" or if you script it out you can use runas commands

lol fizban, surely you kidding me

My UserA is an Administrator that I add right after the <AutoLogon>, i'm talking about ceasin all the popup's tryin to install stuff. You have to disable the UAC to do that for even an admin and then reboot, except the Super Admin i mention above.

I'm workin on this since no one has a clue and i'll get it, allway's do. Just thought someone might have already figured it out.

I'm talking pure Unattended not having to right click something.

Edited by maxXPsoft

lol fizban, surely you kidding me

My UserA is an Administrator that I add right after the <AutoLogon>, i'm talking about ceasin all the popup's tryin to install stuff. You have to disable the UAC to do that for even an admin and then reboot, except the Super Admin i mention above.

I'm workin on this since no one has a clue and i'll get it, allway's do. Just thought someone might have already figured it out.

I'm talking pure Unattended not having to right click something.

once you figure out how to get your created account to stop having the split token, let me know because i would be interested to see how you did it. the built admin account uses a different token then any other generated account on the computer, even if that account is added to the administrators group, it still does not have the same rights and privleges as the administrator account. and you are right, to get rid of pop-ups you will need to turn of UAC, but like a said before, installing software as the administrator would be a better way to go. this is only my opinion and you can take it as you will :)

Some soft install's for the current user therefore rendering that no good. Login as my other user theres nothing there. Thats why installing as the super admin is no good except for some thats available to all.

My Firefox and Thunderbird setting's including all mail are needed in the other account. Thats what i'm saying. I'm sure there's a way just have to figure it out.

you are right, there is some software that is profile specific, but that is why MS has the Runas commands and the UAC prompts (among other reasons for UAC) you can use these to install the software as the user with administrative privleges without giving the user admin rights.

Can someone please explain the 'Super Admin' account in relation to RC 2 build 5744? I'm wondering because the 'Super Admin' (hidden admin account) was supposedly removed from Vista when they made the first account created upon install an admin account. If it still exists then how do you enable it with an existing install?

I see that the admin account is normally disabled by default, nothing new here, I just re-enable it using the 'user' admin account created upon install. So whats different?

As far as an un-attend install, the ability to enable the admin account has always been there, maybe not documented all the way, but its been there anyway - i've been doing it for un-attend installs the last 5 builds.

Edited by Spooky

read the first post of this,

The only way to get the super Admin as I said was in <settings pass="oobeSystem"> I do the <AutoLogon> which enables the super admin and then I turn around and create my first user in <LocalAccounts> which i put in <Group>Administrators.

The admin group is not the hidden super admin account and nothing except the AutoLogon will enable this Super right now.

Can someone please explain the 'Super Admin' account in relation to RC 2 build 5744? I'm wondering because the 'Super Admin' (hidden admin account) was supposedly removed from Vista when they made the first account created upon install an admin account. If it still exists then how do you enable it with an existing install?

I see that the admin account is normally disabled by default, nothing new here, I just re-enable it using the 'user' admin account created upon install. So whats different?

As far as an un-attend install, the ability to enable the admin account has always been there, maybe not documented all the way, but its been there anyway - i've been doing it for un-attend installs the last 5 builds.

the super admin account he speaks of is the normal admin account, that is all, like you said it is disabled by default but if your in an existing install you and go into user management and enable and password that admin accout and then be able to use it.

:no: not with RC1 Ultimate anyways. I do about 1 UA a day and I don't see what you're talking about. When I tried to add him,

The specified account name is not valid, because there is already an account with that name.
Don't even see the Admin account, my user who's an Admin and the Guest account.

Did they enable this account in a later release?

Thats what I thought, but the way people are talking about it makes it seem like its something hidden and secret thus it sounds like another type of admin account with powers beyong those of mere mortals. But in reality there is no such 'Super Admin' account. Was beginning to think I missed something during the beta :)

the super admin account he speaks of is the normal admin account, that is all, like you said it is disabled by default but if your in an existing install you and go into user management and enable and password that admin accout and then be able to use it.

Edited by Spooky

Maybe you did maybe you didn't

That account has 0, none, naughta popup.

When you're trying to do this you need none of the popups and Continue and all that. It does say Unattended in the Forum doesn't it

http://maxxpsoft.com/forums/index.php?show...entry2669

I called him Super because other's here was calling him that, well he does have super elevated privleges even with UAC turned on. It might be simply the Admin but different method's either reveal him or Don't. MS did say he's not enabled by default

I done a UA today and after a reboot am unable to simply go and enable that account because it don't exist, I added 1 admin account with my UA so perhap's that bump's this other account out of the picture. I did not delete the catalogs but merely selected Ultimate

But that's Ok cause I now am installing my application's without any of the popup's so my objective has been obtained.