The Jackhammer Project

FoxHound

Then there's those of us that tend to hope and think that bits and pieces of ReactOS and WINE can be used in older Windows OS's. I'm 20, and I still examine these possibilities. I also attempted getting the skinning engine from early builds of Whistler to work in Windows 2000. I'm a dreamer, I guess. ;P

Then there's those of us that tend to hope and think that bits and pieces of ReactOS and WINE can be used in older Windows OS's. I'm 20, and I still examine these possibilities. I also attempted getting the skinning engine from early builds of Whistler to work in Windows 2000. I'm a dreamer, I guess. ;P

would have been pretty nice to see that to be honest. i like the whistler look.

windows classic is by far my favourite look though :D

:huh: Every now and then comes along a 13 yr old wanna be whizkid that think he can add a few files or hack a dll and make a new version of windows.we get one every few months.eg.mitchovision etc lol.This is yet another wannabe.thus the reasoning 4 osbetas demise.

some of these wiz kids are actually good

I was going through Sourceforge.net when I came upon a Project called "Jackhammer" that attempts to replace the Windows 98 Kernel with a Cmopletely Original One and Thus make Windows 98 Open Source...Is it real :no:

Well, something similar (or, better, identical) to my Open Sourcing Windows 9x idea.

:angel

I think it's quite realizable today...

Kernel Update Project

Tango Desktop Project

and my open source software list could be good to start :yes: