End User Licensing Agreement

mrmikal

I definitely appreciate the work that was done on this application, however, I have run into an issue that is preventing me from continuing my question to complete a proper installation on a Sony Vaio Laptop.

My hardware is as follows:

Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-AR170)

1.83Mhz Intel Core Duo

2GB RAM

2 80GB SATA hard drives setup in a raid configuration

I am using an MSDN copy of windows XP Pro

using NLite, the only thing I am doing is adding the Intel SATA drivers (there are 3 mobile drivers for the IASTOR [sp]). I don't change ANYTHING else...just add the drivers.

I burn the bootable CD using Deep burner.

I boot up the computer and the windows install starts perfectly, meaning the SATA drivers ARE being loaded. However, at the screen where it asks whether or not you want to install or repair windows, I click ENTER to install, but the next screen says "cannot find End User Licensing Agreement" and I cannot continue (F3 to exit is my only option).

EULA.txt is definitely in the I386 folder.

Please help.

i had this same problem, but i just remade the cd in nLite from scratch and that worked. maybe i changed something? i dont know. i wasnt using an MSDN copy of XP though, i was using a DELL OEM disc.

hopefully someone out there knows whats going on, id like to know what i maybe did wrong, or didnt do.

Cygnus,

Thanks for the reply, but I actually did this 3 times with the same result.

Sony doesn't distribute an OEM disk.

I may have access to a "real" windows XP disk...I'll try that. However, if anyone has any insight at all, please please please, help.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem - though on a HP Pavilion PC. I've added the SATA drivers and that was the only thing that I added to the nLite install but when it gets the the point where the EULA should be - it can't find it!

I tried after the nLite build to copy in the eula.txt from the original location and built the CD using NERO again - but the same problem!! :wacko::angry:

After reading most of the posts on this forum in regards to the EULA problem I don't think anybody knows what the problem is or how it's caused or how to solve it - but I would deffinatly say it's got something to do with nLite especially when you add SATA drivers.

On that note - I'm removing the RAID/SCSI drivers from the install as well on advice from this forum - so will check out what happens if I don't remomve them as well ....

• 1 year later...

I recently had this same exact problem and here's my fix:

This might either be a bug or a feature from nlite; I tried to add my intel raid/ahci drivers to a slipstreamed windows xp sp3 disc, but kept getting the EULA error. Turns out, there was an additonal eula.txt file inside the intel raid/ahci folder when nlite added the drivers to the disc, which caused nlite to make an additional entry in the dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif pointing to the intel eula.txt file and thus causing the issue during boot.

Intel has this eula and other extra text files in all their zipped raid/ahci drivers, removing the eula.txt from my raid/ahci folder before adding the drivers fixed this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Same story with MSDN version of W2003 Server. Need to integrate SAS 6 RAID driver for Dell R200 server because it does not have a floppy drive and W2003 Setup does not recognize USB ones that I can get. Tried nLite many times and now I'm simply testing the resulting .ISO within a VM - saves time. After finding the last reply I thought here it was - the solution... But after careful examination of the driver files I do not find any 'EULA.TXT' or references to it - so in my case nothing to remove!?

But the craziest is this: I decided to check first if no changes at all would make Setup happy. So I fed a freshly copied \I386 folder to nLite (1.4.9.1), and asked it to make a bootable .ISO - no other tweaks at all. In a minute it's ready, and I hook the .ISO to the VM. W2003 Setup starts, gets to the point "press Enter to continue", I do .. and find myself looking at the dreaded "cannot find EULA.." message again!!

There must be something else, and it has to be somehow linked to nLite. Don't get me wrong - I love the tool, just feel there's a little glitch.

The same MSDN DVD (2939.3) has an .ISO of that disk. When that .ISO is hooked into VM W2003 Setup displays EULA and is able to continue. The same image burned onto the CD runs past that point on the target R200, but stops with the message "no harddrives detected" - expected without RAID driver. The DVD itself is not bootable!

Previous DVD (2939.2) was bootable, but it results in not even a GDR but a regular RTM installation - not R2, which it says on the label!?

So far my only choice is to find a USB-floppy recognizeable by Setup (and there're only 3 VID-PID combinations that are listed in Q916196).

Does anybody have any ideas? All I wanted was to burn a setup CD with slipstreamed drivers for that server... Once...

• 2 weeks later...
Intel has this eula and other extra text files in all their zipped raid/ahci drivers, removing the eula.txt from my raid/ahci folder before adding the drivers fixed this issue.

Thank you very much, my problem solved. :)

Edited by DragonBalai

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else is still having this issue...

I recently ran into the EULA problem as well. My hard disk drivers did not come with their own EULA, so I knew that was not the problem, and if I booted from the installation CD into recovery mode I could clearly see the correct EULA.txt inside the i386 folder. I also edited my txtsetup.sif file and confirmed that the SetupSourcePath entry was set to "\" (as discussed in this thread), but this did not fix things either.

To get past this issue I re-burned an image of my CD after setting it to be an unattended installation. Apparently this makes Windows believe you have already agreed to the EULA, and so it does not prompt you again when you are installing. Once past this screen I was able to install Windows XP normally.

If you don't want to burn your XP key to disk, you can enter a key of all 1s - the install disk will prompt you for the proper key during the installation process.

I hope this helps someone! Thanks very much for all of the tips in this thread.