Retail and corporate XP on one disk ?

Hi everyone !

I am using an unattended disc for work where we use a corporate windows version using a VLK key. However, sometimes we would like to use that disc for retail windows versions also.

I would like to avoid adding a complete second Windows XP installation to that disc ig, a second i386 folder containg the retail XP setup files.

However a retail key doesn´t work for the corporate edition so what are my options ? Any ideas ?

That would be really nice ! Thanks ! :)

Bye,

ALex

Hi guys,

well thanks for your help !

Actually I did a search. The only difference between corp and retail versions I was able to find was the different numbers in setupp.ini. I did not find another reference to additional files.

Anyway, this does not help much yet. Since I am installing from DVD directly, I would have to create a multibootDVD with two seperate installations, one corp, one retail just for that small difference ... I cannot think of any other way thats why I posted here.

C01eMaN:

what do you mean by copy files to hd ? I mean if Windows installs from DVD directly how can you do that or how do you install ? :huh:

Thanks,

Alex

You can install using the corporate files and just run a script afterwards to change the key. setupp.ini determines which keys can be used to install, once windows is installed any valid kay can be used.

The Flyakite's guide mentioned above is excellent. You really don't need to know which files are different if CDImage.EXE is used to create the CD. CDImage will copy identical files only once, effectively cutting the size of the double installation to half.

Hi guys,

well yeah, the easiest way would be a multibootDVD, and I know that CDimage will cut down on size. Nevertheless those files take space on harddisc even though more than 99% of the files are the same.

Also, what if I am integrating something like Bashrats driverpacks? I would like to avoid using different $OEM$ folders for each windows installation. Can I share one $OEM$ folder between installations ?

@Bezalel:

I didn´t know there are scripts that can change a product key after installation. Didn´t Microsoft change that after SP1 ? Are there scripts available that would do that ? I am not that good in scripting :whistle:

Bye,

Alex