Automatic Driver Enumeration for Sysprep

Hey there,

If you're like me and you have an automated build solution that creates an image, you probably use Sysprep at the end to seal your machine. Adding new hardware support means putting all the drivers into a folder thats copied down as part of your build, and manually adding the folders to C:\Sysprep\Sysprep.INF in OemPnPDriversPath.

This was bothering me, because I had a line that was about 2000 characters long and prone to typos, meaning your driver never got installed - plus you had to manually edit your Sysprep.INF.

So I spent a bit of time writing this VBS file which will scan C:\BIN (or C:\Drivers, or whatever you want) for INF files - when it discovers one, it'll add it to your OemPnPDriversPath line. It's smart enough not to add duplicates, sorts alphabetically (so 00_Chipset will always be the first item), and lets you know if you exceed the 4096 character limit.

Just download and rename to .VBS, add somewhere so that it runs prior to Sysprep starting and that's it. In future, all you have to do is pop your drivers into the folder somewhere at it will automatically pick them up and put them into Sysprep!

Almost forgot - it needs AutoItX - it could be done without it but I got lazy. Just get it at www.autoitscript.com

Hope this is helpful to someone...

Dan

BinScan.txt

post-26263-1113048168_thumb.jpg