Avoid Unsafe USB Removal Dialog

hexa

Hello!

Does someone know how to get rid of the popup when removing usb portable drives or other usb device eg. digital camera? Of cource it would not come if I spent some additional clicks via the taskbar but its too "difficult" for daily usage.

I did some research with google and found these:

How To Avoid Unsafe Removal Dialog Box

and this post How do you apply them?

Also tried to look in gpedit.msc but didnt find anything that would solve this problem..

Those links are for driver development, i think. Someone how can modify windows usb driver to support that? Or provide some other drivers with "hotswap" enabled?

Of cource it would not come if I spent some additional clicks via the taskbar but its too "difficult" for daily usage.

??? :wacko:

One click over the Remove Hardware icon. One click to turn the device you want to remove off. That's the EASY way.

The hard way is by double clicking the Remove Hardware icon, then it could take from 3-4 clicks to turn a device off.

If you don't turn it off (USB drives come to mind) you could end up with corrupted files or even worse, a dead device. I've seen too many go awry with repeated unplugging without turning them off first. Better safe than sorry!

I have actually encountered problems with taking out USB devices without "safe removal".

The data I copied to the device from the hard disk drive disappeared.

It was nowhere to be found. =\

So if this should happen to you and you lose some extremly valuable information - you are going to regret not clicking those two clicks it takes for a safe removal. =)

---Gos