Opera 7.54 silent install ?

booster

moreover;

registration can be acheived by copying the file OUsr600.dat to program files folder under opera folder ofcourse

u need to prepare it @ first

the file OUsr600.dat is found in program files under opera folder ofcourse take it just after you register opera then copy it OUsr600.dat to the same path preferably by using SFX self extracting fike overwriting without prompt

good luck

Is there a way to install Opera with my prefered/current settings?

EDIT:

I just read my About Opera page.

Paths

Preferences - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.ini

Saved windows - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera.win

Bookmarks - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

So I copy opera6.ini and oper6.adr to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Applications Data\Opera\Opera\profile, right? Is there a way ti save my skin too?

Is there a way to install Opera with my prefered/current settings?

So I copy opera6.ini and oper6.adr to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Applications Data\Opera\Opera\profile, right? Is there a way ti save my skin too?

Yes, I have Opera tweaked to be pre-configured and squeaky clean, right from the first run. If you have any more questions, post in the current topic after checking out the thread linked to below:

many tweaks

Go there to see more details about Opera pre-config, and a few notes about it:

That attachment for opera pre-config which I have there (winrar SFX), is for Opera7 - easily ported to Opera7.5, once you get the hang of it. Once you see it, you'll see how to pre-set a skin as well.

I don't know about the "All User" path. What I did is put the ini inside Opera directory so new profiles will be based on this.

Modify the opera6.ini to reflect your default setting, then place it into the %ProgramFiles%\Opera directory (overwrite the other one) before you run Opera for the first time.,..

Maybe I didn't explain clearly. :)

Basically, Opera can't/won't take settings from the %AllUsersProfile% folder.

It only takes from "%appdata%\Opera" which translates to "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Opera".

So, considering that whatever you put in "Default User" folder will get propagated to all new users created later, I execute an SFX at T-12 which extracts itself to %UserProfile% (at the time of T-12, it is "Default User" who's logged on).

So now, those settings are inherited by all profiles, and that too - leaving the original files in "%ProgramFiles%\Opera75" folder intact. So if you now want to reset your Opera's settings, all you need to do, is to delete "%appdata%\Opera" of whichever user is logged-on. Now its more clear? :rolleyes:

Now its more clear? :rolleyes:

90% :)

Take a look at the screenshot - is this the way to set the General settings? My SFX contains the files under their corresponding dirs.

I didn't see the way for the skin? Mine is downloaded from Opera's site => it's not included in the official install package.

sfxpic.jpg

Yes, that screenshot seems fine.

Just set your batch-file to copy the skin from CD to "%ProgramFiles%\Opera75\Skin" after install of Opera. Set the preferences to load the skin you want. And you are ready with the skin already customised. :)

My standard_toolbar (1).ini seems to be my current one. But it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\toolbar (not Opera7\).
Right. Which is exactly why we copy out the Opera folder to the SFX, and extract to "%UserProfile%\Application Data\" silently during cmdlines stage.
What is Opera's default install dir with silent install?
It goes into "%ProgramFiles%\Opera75", by default.

More details can be obtained from the opera news-groups (the help on their website describes how to access it). They have very good forums too!

If you have very detailed needs on pre-configured versions of opera, go here - customize

Just set your batch-file to copy the skin from CD to "%ProgramFiles%\Opera75\Skin" after install of Opera.

I just can't download the skin. It won't download but install. And it's not located in my Opera\Skin folder... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found it... :)

I just checked Opera's customization site and realy like the splash screen part. Is there a way to do a splash screen with my original install?

P.S. prathapml, thank you once again for all the F1 :)