XPlode from CD

Crypto

:)

Is the only way to have a graphical interface of XPlode during T-9?

if so i'm having problems heres what i use and probally is wrong:

[setupParams]    UserExecute="IF EXIST C:\WIN51IP.SP1 START C:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST D:\WIN51IP.SP1 START D:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST E:\WIN51IP.SP1 START E:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST F:\WIN51IP.SP1 START F:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST G:\WIN51IP.SP1 START G:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST H:\WIN51IP.SP1 START H:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST I:\WIN51IP.SP1 START I:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST J:\WIN51IP.SP1 START J:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST K:\WIN51IP.SP1 START K:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST L:\WIN51IP.SP1 START L:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST M:\WIN51IP.SP1 START M:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST N:\WIN51IP.SP1 START N:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST O:\WIN51IP.SP1 START O:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST P:\WIN51IP.SP1 START P:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST Q:\WIN51IP.SP1 START Q:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST R:\WIN51IP.SP1 START R:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST S:\WIN51IP.SP1 START S:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST T:\WIN51IP.SP1 START T:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST U:\WIN51IP.SP1 START U:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST V:\WIN51IP.SP1 START V:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST W:\WIN51IP.SP1 START W:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST X:\WIN51IP.SP1 START X:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST Y:\WIN51IP.SP1 START Y:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"    UserExecute="IF EXIST Z:\WIN51IP.SP1 START Z:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe"

What I think is that you can only run one UserExecute and thats why it isn't working, but if theres another way to run it 100% from CD without copying any files to the HardDrive I would love to know :rolleyes:

P.S. when i press SHIFT+F10 during setup and i type "IF EXIST D:\WIN51IP.SP1 START D:\TOOLS\XPlode.exe" it does load XPlode

AW yeah i forgat, when I run it at T-13 it does install everything in the XPlode.xml file but it doesnt show the graphical setup screen...

hi,

u could use the %sourcepath%-variable to call XPlode from CD/DVD.

But i never had issues with the GUI, do u use it in GUIInstall-Mode? It could be that u have set everything to transparent - then u'll see nothing.

cya

Killer Bee

hi,

here's how i call XPlode:

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]".\xplode.cmd"

xplode.cmd

cmdow @ /HID%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\XPlode.exe /xml:"#XPLODE#\Phase2.xml" /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\Phase2.log"exit

this was the T-12min stage

from svcpack.inf (T-13min)

XPlode.exe /xml:"#XPLODE#\xplode.xml" /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\xpsvcp.log"

and my winnt.sif T-9min and RunOnceEx-Version

[setupParams]    UserExecute="%SystemDrive%\Install\XPlode.exe /xml:#SYSTEMDRIVE#\Install\Phase3.xml /log:#SYSTEMDRIVE#\Phase3.log"
[GUIRunOnce]    "%Systemdrive%\Install\XPlode.exe /xml:#XPLODE#\Phase4.xml /log:#SYSTEMDRIVE#\Phase4.log"

if i would change %SYSTEMDRIVE% to %SOURCEPATH% it runs from CD.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

[setupParams] can only have ONE entry. you could use a batch file to call it, but it would HAVE to be on the harddrive.

I call it via cmdlines.txt and have it do the hotfixes (so I can see them install :) ) and then import RunOnceEX keys to have it install during first reboot