[Updated] Comodo CIS & Firewall 32-Bit

pcjames

Hi All! :hello: This is my first post, although I've been a member for almost 2 years :whistle: , I've gotten a lot of great information here from the forums, so I'm posting these Autoit unattended scripts of Comodo Internet Security because I've seen lots of post from people trying to find or wanting silent switches (which I don't believe there are any) and in hopes it might helpful to others and it's also my way to give back to all the folks here on the forums who's post have been so helpful to me.

Closest thing to a silent install as your gonna get! Actually I think you can package it (i.e. Inno) and run it as a silent install, although I haven't had the need or the time to look into it.

What it does NOT do: Does not install the Comodo SafeSurf, Does not set Ask.com as your default search provider, Does not make Comodo Search your homepage, Does not Scan your system for malware, Does not subscribe to Internet Security Pro, nor will it restart your computer when it's done installing.

Please Note: You must have an ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION and download Comodo and place the .exe in the same folder as the script is in for this script to be successful.

Vista Users: To install you MUST have UAC Turned OFF!

Possible Issues: In ALL scripts there are 2 sleep functions, these are needed to (1st one) pause the script to give your computer enough time to install Comodo, (2nd one) pauses the script to give your computer enough time to connect to the internet and activate your Comodo free lifetime license. I have tried to give both pauses enough time to complete these task. If you think the script has stopped working, please give the script enough time to complete, especially Vista users. If in fact the script has stopped, please report where the script stopped at, the OS you have installed and some info about your machine (i.e. CPU speed, memory amount, internet connection type, etc). I have not tested these scripts on slow machines or with dial-up (god help you if you still have dial-up) and if needed I'll increase the sleep time (pause time) in the scripts. Those who think it sleeps (pauses) too long... feel free to adjust it to suit your needs!

Comodo Internet Security - Installs Comodo Firewall, Anti-Virus, Defense+ protection and joins the Comodo Threatcast Community.

Windows XP 32-Bit - v3.9.95478.509

ComodoInternetSecurity_x32_WinXP.zip

Windows Vista 32-Bit - v3.9.95478.509

ComodoInternetSecurity_x32_WinVista.zip

Comodo Firewall Only - Installs Comodo Firewall, Defense+ protection and joins the Comodo Threatcast Community.

Windows XP 32-Bit - v3.9.95478.509

ComodoFirewall_x32_WinXP.zip

Windows Vista 32-Bit - v3.9.95478.509

ComodoFirewall_x32_WinVista.zip

Please let me know if you have any problems! If you like the scripts let me know that too! ( keeps me encouraged :P )

Please feel free to change the scripts any way you see fit... Enjoy All! B)

Edited by pcjames

• 2 weeks later...

; The COMODO Threatcast Community - Set to Join
WinWaitActive("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","")
If Not WinActive("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","") Then WinActivate("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Next >", "[ID:12324]", "Left", "1")
; The COMODO Safesurf Toolbar etc... - Set not to install any extras
If Not WinActive("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","") Then WinActivate("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Install COMODO SafeSurf, I agree to the above terms", "[ID:1002]", "Left", "1")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Make Ask.com my default search provider", "[ID:1148]", "Left", "1")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Make COMODO Search my homepage", "[ID:1149]", "Left", "1")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Next >", "[ID:12324]", "Left", "1")
Sleep(2000)
;Comodo asks to activate over the internet
Sleep(22000)
; Scan my system for malware & Finish - Set not to scan
WinActivate("COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard","")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Scan my system for malware (Recommended)", "[ID:1002]", "Left", "1")
ControlClick( "COMODO Internet Security - Configuration Wizard", "Finish", "[ID:12324]", "Left", "1")

Comodo asks to activate over the internet and this seems to not be working. I made some slight adjustments , but it still does not seem to work. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comodo asks to activate over the internet and this seems to not be working. I made some slight adjustments , but it still does not seem to work. Any help greatly appreciated.

Viper, change the Sleep(22000) to like Sleep(30000) Depending on how fast your computer is as well as your internet connection will depend on how long you need to make the script sleep.

Hey Viper, I was just now doing a fresh install on a Vista machine and noticed the same problem you're having, while the current script works fine if you've ever installed Comodo before but on a fresh install it doesn't work. I've wrote and tested this on Virtual Machine and I guess I forgot about the activation part :blushing:

I'm doing another fresh install on the Vista machine just to work out this problem and when I'm done I'll post the results.

Updated!

1. Fixed activation problem for WinXP CIS... Thanks Viper!

2. Vista seems to take longer to install and even with UAC turned off you get a "Allow Install", so in that case I created seprate scripts for Vista.

3. While I was at it I created scripts for "Comodo Firewall ONLY" for both XP & Vista.

Future Plans - Will add 64-Bit versions as soon as I get my hands a hold of some 64-Bit machines.

• 1 year later...