Can't slipstream Vista64 SP1

Guest MasonStorm@MSFN

Guest MasonStorm@MSFN

Please help me to slipstream Vista64 SP1 using vLite v1.2. I've read through these posts and instructions, and am doing the following:

(1) I downloaded WAIK, mounted its iso image, and installed it.

(2) I close all apps and tray processes in my running copy of Vista64, including suspending the scanners in Avast Antivirus.

(3) With the Vista64 RTM DVD-ROM in the drive, I run vLite 1.2 and point it to the DVD-ROM to get the install files.

(4) After it's done copying the files, I select the Ultimate edition to work with. I then select Slipstream, and select the SP1 file (64-bit) that I've used successfully when I manually install it.

(5) That's as far as it ever goes; the progress bar will get about halfway across for the integration, but then there is no further progress, even after 7 hours. I have a very fast machine, so it isn't simply a matter of waiting longer.

What should I try?

Just a suggestion, if you have it, you could downgrade and try version 1.1.6 which worked ok for me even in windows 7, tried using 1.2 in win7 and it wouldn't work, plus there have been a number of bugs that have surfaced with this version.

Guest MasonStorm@MSFN

Thanks for your suggestions. I think the problem lay in the fact that my desktop uses a RAID card, since when I tried the same process with my laptop, which just uses one HDD, things went just fine. Of course, I suppose it could also be my desktop's X58 chipset or its SLI'd GPUs, but that's introducing too many variables to test at the moment. In any event, it worked with the laptop.

• 4 weeks later...