Win7 force 100mb partition

lesterhung

Yes me too I hate this, to get around it boot from a Vista dvd create your partitions, format then stop the install...now boot from your Windows 7 disk and voila no more 200 mb of lost space

well, I guess I can also partition it on another WinXP system, then plug into new system to install Win 7.

Anyone tried pressing Shift+F10 during setup. Start diskpart. Create partition. Format it. then run setup.

My guess is that if the partitions are already set up, then it will not create this partition.

BTW, which later builds? I just tried 7057 on VPC and it creates a 200 mb partition.

Also, note that a VHD install does not create this partition.

Addendum: well I just confirmed my suspicion. During setup, before doing anything, if you start command prompt and use diskpart to create and format the partition, exit diskpart and command prompt, and then continue to install Windows 7, it will not create a 100 mb or 200 mb system partition.

So, no need to start Vista or XP setup first or use any third party software.

BTW, which later builds? I just tried 7057 on VPC and it creates a 200 mb partition.
7063 created a 100MB partition - can't say as to previous builds, as I've only upgraded. 7063 I wiped and started over, and it was a 100MB partition. Since people are stating that 7048 creates a 200MB partition, and I can confirm that at least with 7063 and all subsequent builds the initial partition was 100MB up front, sometime after 7048 ;).