automatic services not starting

aubsmm

hi I have used nlite to create a slipstreamed cd that contains all the updates up to june 2007. This goes though a fully unattended install ok. However once installed nearly all the services that are set to automatic fail to start with windows(plug and play terminal services and windows auio starts but none of the others. I can start each individual service fine, and it will be fine until the next reboot when none of them will start again.

This is on a fresh install, indeed have tried it on more than 1 machine so isn't a virus or anything like that causing it. The registry keys in the currentcontrol set are correct i.e the start is set to "2" and the other keys correspond correctly to a correctly working system. A bootlog text doesnt show anything to go on and as for the event log that is one of the services that isnt starting - despite according to microsoft (on the services tab) this service cannot be stopped.

Has anybody else come across this behaviour and if not does anyone have any suggestions where to look next to try and resolve this problem thanks

• 5 months later...