[troubles] Win XP Home Edition

vit

Hi everyone!

I've got XP Home, but I want to be able to connect to my computer using remode desktop. Does anyone know how to do it?

Another problem: I want to customise quick folders if open/save dialog (on the left). In XP Pro I can do it using gpedit.msc, but in home version I haven't got group policy. So I need another way. I think, I saw a registry tweak, but can't find it now.

The last problem: I need to manage file and folders permissions and sharing like in Pro version (not using "simple file sharing") but there is no tick in folder options. What should I do?

You may wish to make use of UltraVNC as it is portable (can use it on a flash drive) and is a lot better than relying on Remote Desktop.

All of the things you are asking really need XP Pro, you may consider upgrading from Home to Pro.

Hi everyone!

I've got XP Home, but I want to be able to connect to my computer using remode desktop. Does anyone know how to do it?

Another problem: I want to customise quick folders if open/save dialog (on the left). In XP Pro I can do it using gpedit.msc, but in home version I haven't got group policy. So I need another way. I think, I saw a registry tweak, but can't find it now.

The last problem: I need to manage file and folders permissions and sharing like in Pro version (not using "simple file sharing") but there is no tick in folder options. What should I do?

Upgrade to XP Pro, as all of the features you speak of are XP Pro-only.