Ctrl Alt Delete

iemand14

The first thing I do with a new Windows instalation is to disable the pop-up to press on Ctrl-alt+delete.

The question is? Why did Microsoft built in this function.

I heard of a friend is was fore security reasons, but I don't understad why. :)

Can someone explane?

Thank you.

It's to avoid spoof login boxes, because It's relatively easy to spoof up a fake login dialog box, and capture user IDs and passwords.

User mode applications cannot intercept Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Thus, by making sure that the user has to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete in order to get to the login dialog, spoof dialog boxes are avoided.

Bradley is the man who gave the world "control-alt-delete."

"It was not a memorable event," said Bradley, a longtime IBM employee, speaking of that day in 1980 or '81 when he discovered control-alt-delete.

"It wasn't intended as something we were going to tell the customers about," he says. "Then it turned out that this reset was a problem-solver for people who were writing the programs and writing the instruction manuals."

Thank this guy for ‘control-alt-delete’

So, in the Workshop to make a workstation af a Windows 2003 server is it stupid to dissable the control-alt-delete function?  :)

Basicly disabeling any kind of security is always a bad idea ... So, it really depends on how paranoid you are ...