Integrating Wireless SSID Configuration

EneergE

I'm trying to figure out how I can integrate my wireless network's settings into my install. I've searched all through the forum and did not come up with anything. I'm trying to have the ability to connect to my wireless network immediately after installing without having to set up the ssid and encryption key. I'm using the Wireless Zero Configuration inside windows without any other program.

Does anyone have any info on how to do this? Any command line procedures I could add to cmdlines.txt?

Thanks

~ EneergE

One possiblity is to include the application Netswitcher v3.3.8 from http://www.netswitcher.com into the

Windows install disk so that upon OS install, netswitcher is installed. Moreover, your OS disk can also

have a copy of your current configuration that you saved/wrote (using Netswitcher) to the OS CD that you

created from your current PC network configuration so that after Netswitcher is installed on the HDD (and in windows

startup) that Runonce (or equivalent) can copy the Netswitcher config file from the CD to the HDD. After windows is

installed and booted, windows startup will use Netswitcher to setup your system to what you setup earlier using this

config file. This works for wireless or any network configuration along with setting up your browser defaults

and so on.

Now you're ready to go...

PS: Maybe there's a freeware version that is equivalent to Netswitcher although Netswitcher has a real old

version that's free. IBM used to provide something similar but that only seemed to work on their machines

and only specific machine versions at that!

Note: Maybe if you know where MSoft keeps their config file, you could copy that file from the CD

that you burned earlier to your PC so that upon bootup, Windows repairs it's network configurations by

using your's and then you are ready to go. Not sure if this is possible though. Any experts out there?????

:thumbup

Edited by mikesw