OSX Leopard

ripken204

lots of sweet pics+vids now :)

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

kenote here:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d7625zs/event/

very funny intro ^^

just watched the whole thing and WOW. such a sweet operating system! if any of you decide to watch this, how hilarious was the ichat scene? lol

haha, funniest thin ever!

jobs:

we've got a basic version that will cost $129.

we've got a premium version that will cost $129.

we've got a business version that will cost $129.

we've got an enterprise version that will cost $129.

we've have the ultimate version that will cost $129.

Edited by ripken204

Yup... and you only had to update to the next previous version for $129 as well!

The price point has actually been addressed before, since Apple has been selling their upgrades for about $130 each. When you put all the pieces together, and account for inflation, interest rates, etc, etc - Windows Vista Ultimate comes out considerably cheaper than Leopard.

The only thing that really seems all that great is Time Machine. It's a bit easier to use then VSS, but otherwise, there isn't anything really that "wow's" me about Leopard... :}

I owned a MAC SE many years ago when there comptetition was IBM. I will never understand why anyone would drop that much money for a unix/linux enviroment. The majority of people I have run into that "LOVE" there MACs fall in pretty low on the totem pole of computer knowledge. They just need something to turn on and check their e-mail and download pictures. The machines themselves are just too expensive to justify buying one when compared to your standard PC loaded with any flavor of linux. JMO :blink:

The price of the hardware for most Apple systems has dropped to the point where they're comparable to most PC systems. The problem is that many systems use proprietary hardware in some cases, and modifying the hardware yourself (even if it's "user accessible") could void your warranty.