Building/upgrading *Urgent*

Maka84

I'm planing to build a new PC and ive been reading up on alot of stuff since this is the first time im building one from scratch.

Anyway, these are the components ive chosen:

Case: Chieftec Bigtower Mesh

PSU: Mist 500w

HK: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

RAM: 2x TwinMOS DDR2 PC6400 2048MB Dual Pack KIT w/two matched DDR2 PC6400 1024MB CL5 (I'll be going with 2x2048 if it's availble when i order)

GPU: 8800GTS/GTX (Haven't decided yet)

Case fans: 1x120mm, 3x92mm

I will not be OC'ing and the comp will primarly be used for gaming.

So, any views on this? all of the above should go together nicely without complications right?

Anything else i need? such as coolingpaste or anything else for that matter?

And please, if you have any advice/suggestions about building to a first-timer, i'll gladly accept them. :)

Edited by Maka84

My monitor is a Samsung 226bw 1680x1050

I'll be ordering the parts from two different norwegian stores. (Pcutstyr.no/Microplex.no)

Budget.. well, i'd prefer to spend as little as possible without severely limiting any future upgrades, this computer should last about 2 years when fully built.

Edited by Maka84

Hey there,

The Mist one is quite good, it has come out best in several tests over here. I beleive it's more then adequate, perhaps even slightly ''overkill'' for my system.

How about those other components, any ideas on that? they should fit together nicely, aye?

And thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Yeah, it's boxed.. so the vanilla stock cooler will have to do for a while i think, atleast until the need for overclocking arises.

But, say if i were to change my mind before ordering those components, is changing the cpu cooler tricky business?

Oh, and.. as this is my first time building a system from scratch, got any advice? anything i should be extra careful with or pay attention to?

Edited by Maka84

I'd try a cooler option. Maybe dual HD 2600XT boards?

Its about 35-45W per board. (compared to about 200 watts and above for a 8800)

Not sure about performance. Waiting for the benches.

Also a 8800GTS/GTX is overkill. Wanting to play in 1080p resolution with that? That's mostly what its good for.

Edited by brucevangeorge