Problem installing programs from cds

designxperts

I downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate to try it. I installed it without a serial number just to try. It's under the 30 day trial, not cracked. My problem is that it won't install anything from a CD i insert the cd and run setup and nothing happens everything else seems to be working fine. I noticed that some tasks in task manager are duplicated many times, does that have anything to do with this???

Thanks

I've tried Office 2007 and Delphi 6, the computer is a Dell Optiplex GX620, everything works fine on a 745 could there be something with Vista the GX620?

it reads the cd's but it won't setup thats for cds with autorun. put a data cd/dvd it reads it but it won't open if i go to my computer and double click it i have to right click and hit open and i can setup any program from that kind of cd\dvd.

Edited by designxperts

i think the problem is with the dvd device the device is Philips DVD8801 HH 16x DVD+/-RW. I put a another device a samsung and everything worked fine. how do i fix this? is there some kind of driver, i downloaded the driver from dell's site but nothing new??????