Network shaper

I will download this and report here the result.it looks useful if it really does all it said in the website.

though one question before i try it,will it still be free when the final version come out or not?

Yes, Selfishnet will still be free.

The program has been developed in a way that we could add functionnalities like plugins, so it will stay free, but if we see many people interested in some features, we may just sell the plugin itself.

In the final version, developers could even create there own plugin.

ByeBye

It doesnt work on vista even when i choose to run with xp sp2 compatibility.so my first request is to make avaliable for vista too as so many people are switching to vista and the program seems useful.

thanks.

It doesnt work on vista even when i choose to run with xp sp2 compatibility.so my first request is to make avaliable for vista too as so many people are switching to vista and the program seems useful.

thanks.

For the moment we can't release a Vista version but here is a good fix to make it work : search on your favourite search engine the dll file npptools.dll (easy to find and free to download) place it into the same folder than selfishnet it should work as it did for me.

Thanks for trying it.

Ben.

Hi Woomera,

I hope you're still around ;)

A package for windows vista is now available: http://creadev.net/files/selfishnetv0.2-beta_vista.rar

Have a try and come back to us with (hopefully) feedbacks or bugs.

IMPORTANT: Carrefull, this app. uses arp spoof technic, it is "ok" to use it in a home or local network, but dont try to spoof your provider (if you are directly connected to internet, without a local router) or company network !!

Regards,

Clem

Ok i got it and its working on vista now.

Bug: the monitoring is working fine but i cant edit upload/downloading cap's.they are not editable(at least in vista).also BLOCK and SPOOF options can not be checked.

Request: It would be fun if you put a NetSend tool in this software.not all the users know how to use netsend command.

Ok i got it and its working on vista now.

Bug: the monitoring is working fine but i cant edit upload/downloading cap's.they are not editable(at least in vista).also BLOCK and SPOOF options can not be checked.

Request: It would be fun if you put a NetSend tool in this software.not all the users know how to use netsend command.

Hi, how many computers do you have behind your router ?

Basically, the application shows first your router and your PC, these 2 can't be spoofed / blocked or capped, only others computers on your network can.

If you have many computers not shown in the list, try the first button "arp discovery".

For the netsend option it might be implemented but it is not a priority since this service is usually disabled by default on windows.

Thanks.

Ben

Actulay i only have 2 pc at home with a vistax86 and 2003server.but im building an small family network in one of my friends and i wanna use this tool instead of netlimiter to see if it works.ill update with more info here.