Run with different credentials

lightsout

Hey all,

Hopefully a simple answer to this one....

I'm in a domain, so I've got a shortcut to an admin util and I got under advanced and check "run with different credentials". Now, that works, however the default user credentials it always starts with are <LOCAL_MACHINE>\administrator - what I'd like to do is change it to something else e.g. domain\uberaccount so I don't have to type the domain & username in constantly. It does even have a drop-down list of potential accounts, but it doesn't list any domain accounts or accounts I've used before.

Anyone got any idea if this default can be changed? I had a look using system monitor, but I couldn't find anything. :(

Thanks!

not sure how to change the default, that would be nice, but to gwet your domain\uberaccount listed in the drop down you need to log into windows on that machine with that account.

Now how do you get the 'Run As' to stay on the stupid menu? Mine seems to come and go on a whim. Shift + right click and it is always there but sometimes it is just there when I just right click sometimes not.

Well I am glad to know it isn't just me!

The "drop-down" list shows all accounts added to the local administrator group it seemed. I manually added my uberaccount to the local admins group, and it appeared.

This is difficult to use properly when we use GPO restricted groups however....