Insert The Disk Labeled Windows Xp Professional

hey guys.

I went ahead and made an unattended cd with the rollup and a couple of apps. I used the CDImage for Windows XP Home / Windows XP Professional file to make the bootable iso image for xp pro. I mounted the image on Virtual PC and get the following error on the blue windows setup screen

"PLEASE INSERT THE DISK LABELED WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PACK 1 CD INTO DRIVE A:"

I used the i386 folder from a CD with SP1 slipstreamed.

Any ideas?

thkz

yes you have the setup files for sp1 being slipstreamed but you did not slipstream sp1 into your install.

The sp1 installer modifes textsetup.sif and adds files to it that are only in sp1 so if you did slipstream sp1 like you should have then you will get this error.

yes but as stated the spi slipstream will add that file so the main thing is that he would need to slipstream his install. I guess though that he could have acidnetaly deleted the file but it is more common that they would not have slipstreamed the install yet.

Thanks. I was thinking about shareing all I learned about slipstreaming but I doubt anybody cares anymore and I saw the way gosh got treated for sharing so I'm just kinda sitting back and letting everybody make thier own mistakes. The install is going quite nicely now though. Well it better be after working sucha a long time on it though.

oh also I kinda miss this place and after poking around I have learned a few more things and have seen a bunch of new poeple contributing. So it looks like things are going fairly smooth here. They will sure have some nasty suprises though doing hte slipstreams like they still are.

and you already know about the dx9 thing.

yes that would be the easiest thing. It's fairly quick and painless and should solve the issues you are having. You dont even want to know how long it took me to hunt this down when I was having this error.

LOL lets just say I was at it for a while.