Install Nvidia Drivers Siently

vurkonis

Greetings all,

In the past I had struggeld to silently install display drivers for Nvidia GeForce 6150 card. Long story short, I managed to find a way around this, and hope this helps someone out there.

Basically, a box kept popping up when trying to do it silently, complaining that the driver to be installed was not digitally signed, even though I had told XP to ignore non-digital signed drivers.

1. Went to http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html and downloaded the 81.85 drivers that was WHQL certified.

2. Extracted the resulting 81.85_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exe into separate folder on C drive.

3. Read alot about InstallShield stuff and the most useful was http://vista.intersystems.com/csp/docbook/..._Silent_Install

4. On a new XP box that didnt have the driver installed, via DOS, did setup.exe -r from the folder containing the downloaded Nvidia drivers.

5. After reboot, copied setup.iss from Windows directory onto another clean pc with the same Nvidia graphics card.

6. Ran Setup.exe -s -f1"C:\P\setup.iss", where C:\P\ was the folder containing the downloaded Nvidia drivers.

7. After reboot, drivers were installed and card picked up correctly in Device Manager.

Created this batch file to do this silently

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Installing Nvida Geforce6150 ...

START /WAIT C:\P\18\Setup.exe -s -f1"C:\P\18\setup.iss"

shutdown -r -t 60 -c "Forcing reboot after Nvidia install"

EXIT

HOWEVER....

for some reason the resolution does not change to my desired setting of 1024x768x32@70 Hz. I do suspect its got something to do with the LCD screen installed. :unsure:

I will return when I find a solution.

HOWEVER....

for some reason the resolution does not change to my desired setting of 1024x768x32@70 Hz. I do suspect its got something to do with the LCD screen installed. :unsure:

I will return when I find a solution.

To save you some time on this - LCD screens work on @60 Hz and only very very rarely you can change this value to something little bigger. Only CRT monitors can change Hz to bigger values.

• 2 weeks later...