How do I ?

RBCC

It's not clear that which background colour u r talking about. If you are talking about desktop background. Then open "desktop properties" go to desktop tab and browse your photo and click ok.

Or if you are talking about explorer background then open explorer

- Right click on blank place

- Click on customize.

- From here you can choose wht pic you like.

If this are not the solution then reply with full description which window background ...

He probably means the background of an open window. i.e a typical window has a plain, grey/white background, that can be changed to any other colour. Replacing that with an image, would obscure some icons and make that window difficult to read. However, that's not the point. Getting it done is.

I would to change this screen: to put a picture where I have described in the picture:

screengl8.th.jpg

I would like change the screens described.

Thank you. John

:hello: Without programming and skinstudio, is there a way to put a picture in a window background instead of a color? John

Microsoft has a Wizard for this (an .exe file that I renamed foldr.exe) but I don't know where I found it or what the original .exe file's name was:

Customize Folder Wizard

Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1981-1997

I run it from a command prompt in the folder's directory (handy to have "Command Prompt Here" in the folder context menu.

It will allow you to either select a picture to use for a background. I usually just want a color so I select a .bmp file that is all one color.

------

I just found it, it's IESHWIZ.exe, at:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Customize_folder.htm

I just found it, it's IESHWIZ.exe, at:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Customize_folder.htm

But IESHWIZ.exe is not working in my windows XP sp2.

I just re-downloaded it to make sure we were talking about the same file. It's the same, and it does work on my XP sp2. Are you running it from the folder (directory) you want to change? One way to make sure is to move IESHWIZ.exe to the folder you want to change (or run it from a command prompt in that directory, or follow the instructions on the link).

Also, you have to close and re-open the folder to see the change.

I guess I should have said What folder is screen that is titled "My Computer" in? John

I don't know and I'd like to. My Computer is a special folder and shows up as a subfolder of "Desktop" on the folder pane (left side) in an Explorer window, but I don't know the path to it on the C: drive in order to run IESHWIZ.

Andy:

From what I here it is a virtual folder, but I can't how to do a reg hack to add a picture to it, any ideas? John

No John I don't, but I'm hoping someone else does.

Andy