Novelty Request: Xp Install On A Mini-cd

In a previous thread there was a link to another board where someone reported to have cut down the xp-cd to ~100MB by removing the stuff we already know about (VALUEADD, SUPPORT, DOCS, LANG and another 20 meg by removing some files) and doing some extensive stuff to DOSNEt.INF and LAYOUT.INF. Unnecessary fonts and DRIVER.CAB were also removed.

I may dig out that thread later on when I am home.

WinXP on an 8cm CD would RULE! Keep in mind though that also 250 meg 8cm CDs are available. If one owns a Plextor Premium Burner one could fit approx. 300 megs on that CD while maintaining full compatibility.

Good point 996, I forgot about that. And anybody with the Optorite DD201 (Here) Can burn even more on a mini-cd. 996, I'd appreciate if you could find that thread. I think I've seen it before but it was at a time when stuff like that didn't interest me.

If 210 or 250 megs is our goal, and somebody has already got it down to 100, then I beleive its an obtainable goal.

Found it:

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/board/showthr...10&pagenumber=1

Datalore, I haven't boutght the premium plex yet but the "denser pits etc." which allows to write more data on the cd is capable of more also on the premium plex. Up to a point (10 or 20% above specs) can be read by any drive, if you set that featue even higher it can only be read by the plex.

Edit: I just went through all 29 pages of the thread at hardwaregeeks. Some of the stuff seems to be a bit immature (randomly deleting files) but I've found a few pointers which I'm gonna try at home. some people argue they have xp down to 500 megs which isn't really good considering I have mine at 424 megs INCLUDING my own apps, themes, fonts, wallpapers, screensavers etc.

Next on the list is to remove th original wallpapers from the install cd, supposedly a reference can be found in ACCESSOR.INF