cd key

i bought a xp 64bit cd from a retailer sometime ago.i slipstreamed the sp2 into this cd,making all into another cd.now i have lost my key and whatever key i tried from the web is not working.....please help me to find what is the problem in my cd.is the windows key for each cd encrypted inside the cd itself.if so tell me how can i find it.....please help me

thanks stormrider

You can use Magic Jellybean Keyfinder to find the key you installed with if you're currently running the OS on a machine. If you aren't running the OS or don't have it installed anywhere currently, you can contact Microsoft to request a key. They will likely require proof of ownership, usually a photocopy of the hologram CD media and a proof of purchase other than the COA sticker.

So ya know, MS does not put the cd key on the disc. If you have lost your key and do not have XP64 installed with that key already, there is no way to get it back. You would need to get a new key, which will probably involve buying another copy of XP64.

Do not lose your key.

Edited by S.SubZero

• 3 weeks later...

actually....M$ does put the key on the CD, you just need to know what folder to look in.

i'm not sure what the rules are past my saying that much, so i'm going to stop there, don't even bother PMing me to ask where it is.

look in the i386 folder on the cd and find winnt.sif open that with notepad and if u integrated the cd key with nlite it will be under [userData] hope that helps

Edited by slipk487

actually....M$ does put the key on the CD, you just need to know what folder to look in.

The CDs are certainly not individually keyed at Microsoft. Every XP64 disk that comes off the retail line is exactly the same. Every XP64 disk that comes off the VLK line is exactly the same.

If someone slipstreams a disk and adds the key themselves to the image, that's a different story.