Vista on Multi Boot DVD

mediapla

Hi,

first of all, im sorry of my bad english, i hope you understand...

Since Vista is coming out, Im look for a way to integrate it to a multiboot DVD. But i didnt found

a solution. Now i had time to try out some things with vista, like unattended boot Cds and i thought,

now i will try to use it on my multi boot DVD. Ok, Im only use Virtual PC 2007, no real system. But i

think i have found a way. I add to my BCDW 2.0 Loader the line "\BOOT\etfsboot.com" and it runs !!! :thumbup

The next Problem...2 or 3 Versions (HomePremium,Ultimat...) on 1 DVD(should be a double layer DVD)

Is it possible to patch some files like setupldr.bin in XP ???

I think you are on the right track for adding an unattended Vista to your All In One. Right before Vista came out in Jan, during the beta testing period Vista RTM (Released to Manufacturing) was being released to MSDN Subscribers. A trial WinBeta issue was released, which contained all x86 and x64 versions of Vista. Which just like any other copy of Vista required a real key and activation. My point is this is the only way I have successfully added Vista to my AIO DL DVD, by dragging all the files to the root of my disc, and editing CDSHELL just as if I was loading XP.

This was not put together the same way as “Chon's guide to Windows Vista x86 and x64” located in this forum. The disc loads from boot.ini file which lets you choose x86 or x64 versions of Vista, after which proceeds to load Vista startup as the standard x86 or x64 editions. Yes, you can integrate x86 and x64 editions like Chon listed in his very helpful thread, but when it comes to repairing a x64 edition with a dvd that only has a x86 loader it will not work.

I have studied this WinBeta edition and for the most part it is to technical for me to even try to figure out or understand how it was made. The one thing I can tell you is that it is basically an unattended setup of Vista. If we can figure out how this disc was created, we would all be able to add Vista to our Multiboot disc.