Ideas for touch screen pc use?

SteevWatson

Hi

I recently acquired an old touch screen PC from ebay. It was originally used as an EPOS system in a shop. When I bought It I was hoping i could remove the touch screen and use it on another monitor but I cant as the manufacturer has removed the touch controller and hardwired it onto the motherboard. So i still want to make use of it in some way or other. perhaps to do something over my network? I have a desktop running Vista Premium which I use as a media PC and a laptop running XP and Vista premium dual boot. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

The spec of the PC is basic to say the least. 266mhz processor with 64mb RAM. It was originally running ME but I have installed XP instead. The internal setup of the PC is like a laptop. It uses laptop RAM and a laptop hard drive. It only has one laptop size IDE socket which the hard drive is using and no CD ROM drive. the graphics and processor (i think Pentium I) are both integrated into the motherboard. It has 2 USB ports, a PS/2 Keyboard socket, LAN port, 2 serial ports and a proprietary port for connection the receipt printer.

Cheers Steve

I know it's not going to help you with your situation, but I couldn't help myself from laughing when I read EPOS... what I read from that was Electronic Piece Of S***... :P

Edited by jcarle