Is anyone here a Pilot?

[deXter]

If you are, do you use any alarm program based on aviation weather?

Like, do you use anything to ring the alarm if the conditions are good or bad for flying?

I searched the net for one and I couldn't find any, so I decided to make one.

So if you use/know of any program like that, please let me know as it'll save me the trouble of making one on my own :)

You want a basic METAR parser that determines good vs. bad wx and then makes noise for good wx? There are a lot of variables there. People have different opinions of good vs. bad. How far into the future should the app be looking? Or just "right now"?

I don't use such a thing personally, but this search turns up some good starting points.

Thanks for the search- some really nice utilities in there including a widget for vista!

The app I wanted should parse the most recent (~24hr) TAF.

But, you're right, there are many variables involved here.. so I've decided to make one afterall. I'll probably allow the user to change the parameters as to what can be defined as good or bad wx.

I'll post it here when its done :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, but I couldn't find anything at DonationCoder.

Anyways, I've almost finished the program. It doesn't have a GUI - runs off the system tray, all options are through the right-click menu, and all messages are through balloon tips (tray notifications).