Invert file and directory sorting; through ADM policy?

JulesKr

Unfortunately there isn't a tool to create it for you. ADM templates are nothing more than text files so they can be created/edited with Notepad or any other text editor. I've created a few but I'm not at home right now or I would paste an example for you. I'll do that when I get back home...

Of course, you'll need to eventually figure out what registry settings you need to set. I'll see if I can figure that out too...but I'm not making any promises on that one. :)

Ok...here's a basic example. This one will disable the Windows Tour popup when a new user logs on:

CLASS USER
CATEGORY Nuisances
POLICY "Disable the Windows Tour"
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Tour"
VALUENAME "RunCount"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
END POLICY
END CATEGORY

Keep in mind that the Group Policy Management Console will not show these by default because it filters out GPO settings that will "tattoo" a machine. "Tattooing" is when you have a non-standard setting that will stay even if you disable the GPO in the future. To get it to show the settings when you're in edit mode (Group Policy Object Editor) click on View and then Filtering. Uncheck "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed".

Disclaimer: I take no responsiblity if you hose your machines with a bad policy. :)