Request: Updated AdAware SE Personal

eddie11013

• 2 weeks later...

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to create some “unattended - NO USER INTERACTION - silent” installs, and their not working?

For the record, I have the following “19” programs that install “unattended - with no user interaction - & silently” : Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28, Adobe Flash Installer, Adobe Reader 7.0.9 lite, AVG 7.5.463, cCleaner 1.39.502, Deep Burner Free 1.8, ImgBurn 2.3.2, Java 6 update 1, Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2007, PopPeeper, Spybot 1.4, Spyware Blaster, Tiny Spell 1.5.012, UPHclean, Weather Watcher 5.6.22, Windows Defender, WMP 11.0.5721, XnView 1.90.3, XP-Anti Spy 3.96.4

The only one that “I” actually made, AND, that worked, was an Email notification program called “PopPeeper”, which ‘CMENU’, v2.6, identified as “Nullsoft” with a silent install of: Setup.exe /S . I used the Nlite addon maker, v1.2.4.2006, with the 7-zip, v4.42 & Izarc, v3.7. I used my windows xp pro + sp2 + hot fixes CD to create my ‘ISO’ using Nlite 1.3.04 & used the Virtual Box PC, v1.3.6 to test.

Since I had three programs that I was interested in, I tried each “set” at the same time, making a different “ISO“ each time. According to ‘Cmenu’, they were all “WISE” installations. This is what I tried as ‘unattended silent‘ installers:

Adaware SE Personal - since old ‘cab’ has a bug:

aawsepersonal.exe /silent

Setup.exe /S

aawsepersonal_Setup.exe /S

“aawsepersonal.exe” /S -- This gave a 7-zip config failed error

aawsepersonal.exe /s

Printkey2000 http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

FavOrg version 1.4 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Book...rs/favorg.shtml

Printkey2000 Setup.exe & Fav Icon’s Setup.exe : same basic setup’s as above with obvious ‘necessary’ changes:

PrintKey2000 Setup.exe /s

“PrintKey2000 Setup.exe” /s -- This gave a 7-zip config failed error

PrintKey2000 Setup.exe /S

Setup.exe /S

Printkey2000_Setup.exe /S

Printkey2000.exe /sp- /very silent -- Unpacked using Universal Extractor v1.5 -- This stalled out the virtual machine at the T-13 timeline and never recovered, had to shut it down

Fav Icon's Setup.exe /x

Fav Icon's Setup.exe /s

Fav Icon’s_Setup.exe / S

Setup.exe /S

The “USSF” switch finder suggested an alternate, -- /x “x:\dirname” -- but when I tried that I got one of those 7-zip config failed error’s for both Print key & Fav Icon‘s.

Several of these methods will ‘install’ the programs, but ‘require’ user interface. I would appreciate anyone’s input and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

PS: I asked at the Applications forum, but could not resolve. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=96573

Great! It worked! Unattended and silent. Just what I was looking for. Thanks John Doe.

Couple of questions if I may. Just wondering. My original ‘exe’, aawsepersonal.exe, was 4.62MB’s, the cab I created, that would work, but would not install ’unattended‘, was 7.447MB’s, and your cab, that worked great, was 4.876MB’s. ??? And, more to the point. Is this cab making business, just way to complicated for the average person? Was there some little something that I wasn’t doing? Or maybe the nlite add on maker just wouldn’t work for this particular application?

Again, thanks

Have a great day,

Eddie

nope its not at all complicated. after all, i'm making them right ? :)

anyways, the new copy of personal edition that i downloaded was itself about 4.62 MB which further compressed to 3.67 MB. This addon could have been even smaller than the final size of 4.76 MB except that I included the updated definitions which took up a further 1.18 MB

by the way, i don't use the nlite addon maker so I can't comment on that but your addon shouldn't have been about twice the size of the app itself :D !

Edited by johndoe74