Itunes...for example

straytoasters

Short of an autoIT script is there a good way to do a silent install of Itunes?

I mean the actual installer isnt reconized as an "known" installer by any method I have used (USSF, Universal Extractor) so no silent switch.

...inside the itunes.exe is a three .msi's (itunes, quicktime and applesoftwareupdate) and a itunes setup admin.exe (which is also not reconized as any known installer). You can make a switchless silent installer (via either the method listed on one of the MSFN posts or via iexpress and give it .msi switches, but that only seems to install itunes, not quicktime (which is needed...barring alternative codecs), or the apple software update software. So is there a good way to install itunes with full functionality without making quicktime a seperate install or not?

Straytoasters

This isn't really the right forum if you want to reach the people that know about this sort of thing.

All I can say is that I'm aware iTunes insists on installing the full Quicktime application even if Quicktime Alternative is installed with all encoders/decoders. SoundForge is not so stupid (can export to Quicktime when QT Alt is installed) but that knowledge doesn't help you any further. Maybe a simple registry hack can fool iTunes but you're better off asking about this in another forum.

Edited by Tomcat76

I wasent clear, I apolizige.

I am ok with Quicktime installing, my question is how to I make a silent installer get the main itunes installer to install (silently). The silent installers I have made so far from itunes installs JUST itunes. Quicktime and the Apple Updates thing doesent. Again it looks like my options are a AutoIT script or make three seperate silent installers for the three .msi's inside the Itunes.exe.

In any case, thank you. I will try posting elsewhere.

Straytoasters

I know what your question was. I just mentioned what I know about iTunes in general... :)

Personally, I'd create a silent installer for Quicktime and another for iTunes; I think the updater is optional. But if you want one installer for everything you should ask this in the unattended install forum because there are more people who know about this stuff reading that forum than this one.